Thursday, December 30, 2010

How To Easily Kill Deathclaws in Fallout New Vegas

Deathclaws are one of the most deadly creature in the Fallout New Vegas. Enormous, agile and strong making them an almost perfect predators in Fallout New Vegas. Player may faces difficulty to kill a Deathclaw. Here are some useful tips on how to kill a Deathclaw using conventional ammo weapons (gun,sniper, rifle and etc).

Firstly, build your skills accordingly to your playing style. As for me, I build my character to use conventional ammo weapons, so i have to increase my Guns skill (determine my effectiveness using conventional ammo weapons) and Sneak skill (automatic critical attack when I kill something undetected).

Secondly, build your perks, accordingly your style. For me, Better Criticals, Bloody Mess, Finesse and Sniper perks are important because I love to kill Deathclaws using sneak attack (most damage using this method) and aim for the Deathclaws' head while in VATS. It was fun when I saw the Deathclaws exploded into pieces.

Thirdly, choose your weapon. I use Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle as my favorite weapon, or you can choose any other guns with high DPS or with high Damage. You also can use an ordinary sniper rifle. But if you do not have any of high damage guns, I'm suggesting you to find any of Special Weapons.



And the most important thing is your skills. Perhaps some of you will think this is not very important, but for me, every single Deathclaws hit will greatly decrease my HP, as I only use medium armor.
- if you can see Deathclaws from far away, crouch, aim for their head properly and shoot!! They will notice your presence, and will run after you. As they run to you, aim for their head or their biggest body part; torso.

- if you encounter close range combat with them, use your VATS, aim for their head. Before you do that, go away as far as you can, let your companion be your tanker (Lily is the best tanker) and kill the Deathclaws that attacking your companion.

- and if you encounter Deathclaws all alone, use your VATS, aim for Deathclaws legs and run!! But you also can try to kill all of them.


That is all my tips on how to kill a Deathclaw using conventional ammunition's weapons. Caution, this tips may not suitable if you are using energy weapons. Feel free to comment yea...thx

No comments: